Monday, October 19, 2009

Tractor: 10/18/09 9:30; F3.5 0.7; Sony DSC-T50
Truck: 10/18/09 9:38; F4 1/60; Sony DSC-T50

This week I went out searching for some lights to take different angles and shots at. I stopped by at night at the Ford dealership and took the shot above and I kind of liked it. It show the line up of the trucks and the lights being flushed out a bit. The second shot I found some tractors lined up in the dark There was a post light I metered my camera with and ended up with good lighting to show these trucks lined up in the dark. I had to adjust the brightness and contrast as well.

4 comments:

  1. I really like how your main focus seems to be the truck in the foreground but that you can also see the other trucks and lights around it - the line of lights is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you took a potentially difficult lighting situation and made the best of it. If I could make one suggestion it would be, don't be afraid to get close to your subject. Sometimes you see the glory of what you are trying to photograph and you try to capture as much of the experience as possible. Don't be afraid to get close even if it means cutting things off. I am far from being an expert but I read a cool article about it at www.nikonusa.com. You can find it here if you are interested - http://bit.ly/1e8GJ1. Anyway, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the lighting well in this picture. I really like how you can see the line of lights quite a ways down. I feel like the placement of the truck would be perfect if it was just facing the opposite direction--the way it is facing right now gives me the feeling it's going to drive right out of the picture, I think a little lead room in front of it would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a nice photo. I like how you used a line up of lights. I think I also agree with Cindy, I think your image would have been stronger if the truck was facing the other way. I know you may not have had that in your control, but I think it would have made the flow of your eye stay more on the picture. Where with the truck facing out it makes your eyes follow the truck off the photo. Nice job though!

    ReplyDelete